Having read of some of the woes stemming from the upgrade I thought I
had better take the plunge and see what happens. So, this morning I did
the necessary to my laptop, and all went like a charm. I am now having a
rest from trying out various applications that I would expect to use
and, so far, most things work very well.

One most peculiar fault which I have not been able to correct is with
Evolution Mail. I cannot send or receive mail because the button to
send/receive is greyed out. Any suggestions would be gratefully
received. Otherwise, Ubuntu does it again.

Norman