Rob,

You may remember replying to a post of mine last week about the Acer.

I bought mine from a Tesco store for the same price as Tesco direct, although
it is cheaper at amazon and play.com.  It has 1 GB ram and a 120GB hard drive.
I installed Ubuntu eee (which is v8.04) via usb stick and everything just
worked.  The only drawback is the volume of the sound, some people might want
it louder.  There is a workaround, but I understand v8.10, with a later version
of alsa, will fix this so it's not a problem for me.

Cheers,

Keith.

---
Keith Bowerman,