> Sorry, I don't remember reading your original message so I'm not
> familiar with the exact problem you're experiencing. Those messages are
> generic messages that the X server prints when it stops a client from
> connecting to it (for example, it might not be authorised to connect).
> "6826" is the PID of the Xorg process, and the last pid in each message
> is the PID of the client that was rejected. Do you know what process
> these PID's belong too?

I'm not sure which processes these PIDs belong to, I tried doing a 'sudo ps -ef
| grep {pid}' on them to see, but I didn't find any processes with PIDs matching
those in the logs.

The problem I had is that when I turn on the computer, GDM restarts once (but
only once) and then works fine, which is why I found it a bit strange as most
problems I've had with GDM so far cause either infinite restarts or a lack of
starting at all.

It's worth noting that while it almost always restarts once before working, it
doesn't do it absolutely every time. The reason I think that the client
rejections are probably important is that they are the only difference I can
find between the logs where GDM restarts and those where it does not.

Thanks for the help,

Matt