On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 07:42 +0000, Matthew Gadd wrote:
> I'm not sure which processes these PIDs belong to, I tried doing a 'sudo ps
> -ef
> | grep {pid}' on them to see, but I didn't find any processes with PIDs
> matching
> those in the logs.
>
> The problem I had is that when I turn on the computer, GDM restarts once (but
> only once) and then works fine, which is why I found it a bit strange as most
> problems I've had with GDM so far cause either infinite restarts or a lack of
> starting at all.
>
> It's worth noting that while it almost always restarts once before working, it
> doesn't do it absolutely every time. The reason I think that the client
> rejections are probably important is that they are the only difference I can
> find between the logs where GDM restarts and those where it does not.
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Matt

Yeah, it will be difficult to work out what those processes are because
they will have a short life. For the record though, I see the same
messages as you in my Xorg log every now and again but I don't
experience your issues, so they might be a red-herring. Still, it would
be nice to be able to figure out what clients are being denied access by
the X server.

Regards
Chris