> >  [...]
> > Doesn't the Hardy server kernel have Physical Address Extensions support
> > enabled by default? That'd grant support for up to 64GB RAM on the 32
> > bit version of Ubuntu.
>
> Hello, Chris.
>
> Yes, we're running 8.04.1 LTS with PAE enabled on servers with 8GB RAM
> and I've tested it with 16GB RAM. Works well, but a single process can
> 'only' use 4GB.
>
> Bye,
>
>        Tony.

I've always used 32bit edition on servers myself. I've heard horror stories
about perl scripts using twice as much memory under 64bit etc, etc.... I've
never tested PAE with more than 4GB of RAM - I had heard about the single
process limitation, but as I only had 4GB to play with, I've never had the
opportunity to hit that limit!

Chris