John,

Here is a copy of my posting to this forum on 14 Nov 2008.  I am still of the
opinion that this is a brilliant little machine :-

"Rob,

You may remember replying to a post of mine last week about the Acer.

bought mine from a Tesco store for the same price as Tesco direct,
although it is cheaper at amazon and play.com.  It has 1 GB ram and a
120GB hard drive.  I installed Ubuntu eee (which is v8.04) via usb
stick and everything just worked.  The only drawback is the volume of
the sound, some people might want it louder.  There is a workaround,
but I understand v8.10, with a later version of alsa, will fix this so
it's not a problem for me.

Cheers,"

I have subsequently upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10 with no problem.

Keith.

 ---
Keith Bowerman,
Prestwood, south Staffs, England.