2009/2/21 Andrew Oakley <and...@aoakley.com>:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
>> http://www.notebooks.com/2009/01/07/new-generation-of-netbooks-199-and-299-eight-hour-battery-sexy-design/
>
> Interesting, but the Intel Atom x86-based Asus Eee 901 can already
> provide 8 hours of battery life. I've got one, and it really does.

Only with an extended battery, driving up both the price and weight.
The standard battery in the cheap ones gives about 2-3h, on a par with
most of the cheap subnotebooks.

> Whilst I know Canonical are producing an ARM netbook distro of Ubuntu,
> it'll be interesting to see whether the other things that we
> all-too-often rely on, such as Adobe Flash, will be compiled for ARM.
> Trying to sell a netbook to the hip'n'trendy young professional market,
> that doesn't play Youtube, will be a difficult venture.

Er, did you RTFA? They make a point of mentioning this in the piece.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat, Yahoo & Skype: liamproven
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508