2009/4/5 Farran Lee <fazzy.bab...@ntlworld.com>:
> oh, does Banshee tag properly now? I know pre-v1, it only changed its
> internal database and didn't affect the actual files...

It does if you tick the box that says to save meta data to the files
in the preferences dialog :)

I found this out the hard way. I retagged loads of music, then moved
the music to another machine only to discover my changes were lost.

I asked in the #banshee channel on irc and was told to do the
following on the first machine, the one that has the up to date
banshee database.

0) In banshee, edit -> preferences -> general -> write metadata to
files (tick that!)
1) Select all files in the library
2) Right click and edit track information
3) Change something minor like the comment field
4) Press the little icon to ripple that change to that field to all
tracks (this takes a while)
5) Hit save.

What it will then do is flush out _all_ the meta data in the database
to the files. That way you can then move the collection to another
location and the meta data will go with it.

Cheers,
Al.