Talking of mp3 libraries, I might mention that by far the best
file-sharing community for non-commercial, experimental, and avant-garde
music that I have found is Soulseek:
http://www.slsknet.org
However, this is a Windows client only. There is a version for Linux
users, called Nicotine, which accesses the Soulseek community's shared
files:
http://nicotine.thegraveyard.org
It looks as if it needs a certain amount of compiling savvy to install
and run, and I would be very interested to know whether anyone has
attempted this. I should emphasise that each file-sharing community has
its own distinct profile in terms of the type of music that its members
like and share, and this is what makes the Soulseek community so special
and valuable to me, so this is not just a question of file-sharing
technology in general; it is a question of accessing that specific
community's shared files.