Michael G Fletcher wrote:
Hi Lucy,

thank you for getting back to me. I posted after you messaged, so I'm a bit
of a mess. I have no connection now. The WICD wouldnt connect, had an
authentication problem, just like in Network manager, wouldnt connect at all
to the internet using any of my wireless connections.

How can I get any network manager, to be able to connect now.

John

John, WICD should manage the wired connections as well, have you tried
plugging the netbook into the router directly and then connecting to
the internet that way?

Hi both, I was getting the same problems with wicd, that I am with Network manager It wouldnt accept the encryption key. I connected ok, using the wired connection with wicd, but couldnt connect to any of the wireless connections, and it kept asking for the keys.

Its the same think with NWM and Joiku, it will accept all other wireless networks and connects, it even sees Joiku, but wont acceot the encryption key.

I remember something about encryption keys or some form of a connection glitch when we first installed it, but cant exactly remember what it was, which was why I wondered if it was an applet problem.

Thank you so much for your help. I actually quite like the look of wicd. I just dont know why my netbook has a problem with encryption keys.

John

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3994 (20090407) __________

http://www.eset.com