On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 15:52 +0100, Chris Bagley wrote:
> Ogg files? Bit-torrent distribution? CC licensing?
> Something strange is bubbling out of the beeb and I for one like it!
>
> Definitely will be something to keep an eye on. Cant say the media up
> there now is that inspiring but I guess the only way to show we want
> more is to download and give feedback.
> Then maybe there will be some production value!
>
> http://digg.com/d1oMbr

The bbc are pretty good at accommodating people who wish to be free of
restrictions, at least compared to anyone else in the same industry, if
you open your totem media player you have a direct interface to DRM Free
radio streams (and video streams are possible, just not there yet) and
they have been looking for a nice way to distribute drm free content for
ages, they are not a big fan of restrictions.

Most of this stuff happens at the R&D department, its just a matter of
the higher ups taking notice hopefully.
--
Gordon Allott <gordall...@gmail.com>