Philip Stubbs wrote:
> 2009/4/15 Werner F. Bruhin <werner.bru...@free.fr>:
>> I just upgraded my Ubuntu machine which I mainly use for my svn
>> repository.  Reason to upgrade was to get of svn 1.4.3 to something more
>> recent, i.e. 1.5.x or even better 1.6.1.
>>
>> Was searching around but have not found instructions on how to get svn
>> upgraded - note that I am still pretty new to Linux/Ubuntu.
>>
>> Only thing I found was "sudo apt-get upgrade subversion" but the post
>> was not clear if the person actually got it fully working (i.e. he
>> posted that command but then stated that he run into problems).
>
> First I must say that I don't use svn. However, I would have thought
> that if you have upgraded to 8.10 then you should already have
> subversion 1.5.1. If you upgrade to 9.04 then you would have
> subversion 1.5.4 unless it is held back for any reason.
That must be the case as svnadmin --version still gives me 1.4

> If there is anything you need to do to your repository, I would not
> know. However, I bet a quick Google would tell you.
Sure, (replace "was searching around" above with did some "googling") I
have tried this a few days ago and gave up after at least 2 hours, did
again today and have not found anything conclusive - lots of hits but
nothing much more then what I stated above.

Off doing other things, but will come back to this as I do want/need to
get at least to 1.5 - hopefully one does not have to install from
scratch - that would just be too stupid in my view.

Werner