I have a laptop (less than a year old) with an ATI Radeon X1200 series
graphics chip in it.

After having installed Jaunty, I was pleased to see that suspend and resume
worked (using the Open Source) drivers. Unfortunately however 3D
acceleration is totally miserable. Google Earth runs like a proverbial pile
of pants....

Doing a bit of research, I notice that ATI has depreciated support for X1200
series cards so that there are no proprietary drivers available for Jaunty
(although suspend/resume never worked with the proprietary drivers anyway!).

So, it looks like a choice of either stay with an older version of Ubuntu
with proprietary driver support (but loose the ability to suspend/resume) or
stick with Jaunty, but loose 3D acceleration features because of the pretty
poor Open Source drivers.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother!

Chris