Robert Flatters wrote:
> The problem i am having are two fold. the first is my graphic card,
> Nvidia G4 400, the res is crap it set at 600 x400 and every time i try
> and reboots a message is displayed stating that the graphics were
> incorrect and it will boot up in minimum settings.
>
> The second fold of my problem is to do with when the system has not
> been used for awhile and it starts the screen saver, but ends up with
> a cursor flash in the top left hand side of the screen.
>
> Not sure if anyone has come across these issues at all.
>
> Regards
>
> Bob

I have a couple of older Geforce cards (Geforce 256, Geforce 2 MX)
kicking around and found that the default driver wasn't that great (no
3D support etc).  In the end to get around this I installed the
nvidia-glx-96 driver.  You should be able to find it in Synaptic.

Hopefully this should enable you to get a better resolution.

Rob