I've recently upgraded from 8.10 xubuntu to 9.04 xubuntu via synaptic
package manager. I noticed the system was running slower than normal.
System Monitor shows gnome-system-monitor is going from 8% cpu-100% cpu
with no mention of Xorg.
Top shows Xorg and gnome-system-monitor sharing the cpu use.
The only unusual thing I can see in processes is that I have 14
xfdesktops all sleeping. I haven't tried to get rid of them yet, but I
will when I've finished writing this.
The only other thing I'm thinking of is the installation of cairo-dock.
Could this have anything to do with it ?
I don't usually upgrade because of the grief I've had in the past and it
looks like I've done it again-or have I ?
Here's hoping
Ged.