Well, then I stand corrected! ;)
When I installed Ibex on my Macbook, there was loads of buggering around in
the config files to get things like the touchpad scrolling working, and
loads of sound issues, and other things which I don't recall just to hand.
Which is fair enough, as there's a hell of a lot of machines out there, and
you can't configure everything to run out of the box on everything.
But could an upgrade rather than a reinstall save me some of that hassle?
Cheers,
   Doug.