Lucy <lucybrid...@gmail.com>:
> The upgrade I just did downloaded over a gig worth of data,
> but as I'm on a fast connection the entire install was
> complete in about 30-40 minutes. If I was on a slower
> connection I would probably have been better off using a cd
> instead. On the other hand, f I had less installed on this
> computer then it would have been quicker again.

Tallies with my own experience. I wasn't timing it, but I shouldn't
think it took much more than half an hour over my broadband connection.
I had to fiddle the initrd to get it to boot off my RAID array, but that
wasn't exactly unexpected. Apart from that it was quite painless.

jim
--
Jim Cameron
Software Engineer

Buhler Sortex Limited
Research and Development Department
20 Atlantis Avenue
London E16 2BF
Registered in England No. 434274
T +44(0)20 7055 7607
F +44(0)20 7055 7701

Mail to: jim.came...@buhlersortex.com
www.buhlersortex.com

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential,
may be legally privileged and is designated exclusively
for the intended recipient. Access by any other person is
not authorised. Any disclosure of this e-mail or of names
of persons mentioned therein as well as any storing,
copying, distribution and dissemination is strictly prohibited.

If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately
delete this e-mail and notify the sender by phone or by e-mail.