On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 1:04 PM, mike daniels <mikezz1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The route shell prompt asks "give route password for maintenance", it
> rejects my password and repeats the request. My user name is also rejected
> and I must have missed something if the "How to geek" explains user name
> reset as well. Apologies again, any more suggestions please, which page of
> thescriptshould I be looking at ? thanks, Michael

Hmmm... that's very strange, I wonder why it's doing that?  By default
Ubuntu doesn't have a root password...

Yes, the bit about password reset is at the bottom of the "how to",
once you've got into the root shell.

Syntax is "passwd username" then you're prompted for the replacement password.

Let me just reboot and try it

Sean