doug livesey wrote:
> Hi -- I run Ubuntu dual-boot with OSX on a Mac, and I love it, and
> hate having to duck out to use OSX for things like iTunes, etc.
> So would it be possible for me to run the OSX partition from inside
> VirtualBox, or something like that?
> I've had a bit of a google, and not come up with much, so I thought
> I'd ask the assembled Ubuntu gurus.
> Cheers,
>    Doug.
I believe it isn't supported by VirtualBox but as far as I'm aware
VMWare Server can be modified to boot and run OSX.  Then there's the
issue of legality, as you have a Mac already then it may get round the
licence requirement that OSX has to be run on Apple hardware, and
technically since you have a Mac you also have a license to the software.

Have a look at http://www.osx86project.org

 From what I understand someone has managed to create a kind of
bootloader which enables OSX to be install from a retail disc on an
Intel based machine, I haven't really looked into it much but it might help.

Rob