Alan Lord (News) wrote:
<snip>
> IIRC the USB feature is not available in the OSE supplied in the Ubuntu
> Repos.
> Youcan download a deb from the VirtualBox website for personal use that
> does support USB passthrough:

Yes, only the 'personal use' version from SUN has USB support.

Adding USB was fairly easy, but a bit of a faff.  Having installed it
from the SUN .deb, I had to download and install 'Guest Additions'.  I
then had to set up and enable USB support.  There's a description
(starts part-way down the page) here:

http://ubuntu-unleashed.com/2008/04/howto-install-virtualbox-in-ubuntu-hardy-heron-with-usb-support-in-5-easy-steps.html

I should say that I did this with VB 2.0.6;  do you still need to use
this procedure with later versions of VB?

mac