> They have a very comprehensive manual on their website in pdf form.
> I've found it clearly describes every configuration option I've
> needed.

I have looked at the manual but I cannot find an answer to my problem so
perhaps you may be able to point me in the right direction. My main
reason for using VB was to be able to run a scanner which will not work
satisfactorily in Ubuntu despite the Sane site saying it did. (I have
given a detailed bug report to which I have had no reply). The scanner
has a USB connection and, with the aid of VueScan, a propriety software,
works as it should. What I want to do is to transfer the scanned files
into Ubuntu so that they may be processed.

I realise there are several ways to share files but, being a simple
minded sort of person I thought I would save the files, as they were
scanned to an external USB HDD. However, the HDD does not show in the
list of USB devices. How do I cause VB to see my HDD?

I am using VB 3.0.0 PUEL version in Ubuntu 9.04.

Norman