Steve Cook wrote:

> John Matthews wrote:
>
>> I tried to upgrade to FF3.5 on my netbook, but it didnt happen, it
>> installed it seperately, but I couldnt get the Addons section to work,
>> and a few other things as well, that was without the addons themselves,
>> they just didnt transfer from the 3.0.11.
>>
>> So how do I go about it without having both versions on my laptop and
>> netbook.?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> John.
>>

> If you only want one version just uninstall the other.  As for your
> other problems, you’ll have to provide a bit more information.

Well, it might be because I am just not used to Ubuntu enough or understand it
enough, but I am thinking along the the same lines as Windows, when you update
FF it automatically updates to the next Version, and keeps your profile. I
tried on my netbook, and it didnt update to 3.5, it installed a separate
version, and didnt include my profile and the addons box would not show the
addons, it said could not load addons. That was recommended or installed
addons. So, I now have two versions of FF on my netbook, and I dont want that
on my netbook or laptop. How come it doesnt update to 3.5, but keeps it as a
separate version?

If I uninstall 3.0.11, I will loose my profile on there, how do I keep the
profile and transfer. It seems a bit confusing to me. Sorry.

John.