John Matthews wrote:
> Um, isnt FF3.5 final release now, I thought I saw it on the internet
> they were saying it was final release and if you look in windows it
> doesnt have beta after it. I'm not sure about that though.
My apologies, checking on
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/web/firefox-3.5 it seems the
repositories now have the finished product.  When I tried it a few days
ago they still had the beta version (and an early beta at that).

Firefox 3.5 is being viewed as a major update, that doesn't overwrite a
firefox 3 installation.  One of the reasons for this choice is the fact
that some extensions will not run in 3.5 without modification.
Karmic will have firefox-3.5 as the default browser.  See
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-karmic-firefox-3.5
for details.

Dan