Paul Webster wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can I expect Word 2002 to run under Wine (on Jaunty)?
>
> I tried to install it, but came to a standstill during the
> installation, as the Word installer demanded a restart I couldn't provide.
>
> Paul W.
Hi Paul,

It's not obvious how to do it, I'd agree on that one.  What you need to
do is open a terminal and use wineboot.  You can find more on wineboot here:

http://wiki.winehq.org/wineboot

I believe you'll need to run:

wineboot -r

It suggests on the WineHQ app database that Word 2002 is well supported
with the status set to Gold -
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10

Alternatively if you're still having problems you might want to consider
having a look at CrossOver Office which is a commercial version of Wine
with support from Codeweavers.

They suggest that Word 2002 is a 'silver' application and is supported:
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2

CrossOver Office is £25.99 with 6 months of level 3 support but you can
also get a 30 day trial version to try it out (good for testing
application compatibility) or £44.99 for the Professional version which
gives you 1 year of level 2 support.  You can find out more about the
levels of support here:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/faq/#f

There is also a games specific version available which supports popular
Windows games (World of Warcraft etc) and also a version of either for
the Intel based Mac at the same price.

Hope this helps.

Rob