On 16/08/09 18:51, Liam Wilson wrote:
<snip />
> For example, If I created a folder and called it UBUNTU-UK, would it be
> possible to have all mail from this list sent automatically to that
> folder as soon as it downloaded? The same goes for my other lists, such
> as UBUNTU-GAMING and GNU-GENERATION, could I have them separated into
> different files, and if so, how would I go about doing it? It would just
> make organizing my mail a bit easier, that's all.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Liam Wilson

A different way to manage email lists, which I prefer when it is
available, is to access them as a newsfeed rather by email.

I use gmane.org for most lists and mozilla provide their lists on a news
feed.

Filters work fine too, but I find the "lists-on-news" keeps them out of
my inboxes and just suits the way I like to do things.

Most mailman applications allow you to turn off email sending so all
list traffic stays out of my inboxes.

This message is being sent to Newsgroup: gmane.linux.ubuntu.user.british

Al

PS - I Hope this is useful. It is just *another* way of doing things.
Neither is better or more or less correct.