well there have been any number of reviews of Linux desktops by
journalists who know about Windows and compare it at every step to
Windows. This just happens to be one coming from the other direction,
which he acknowledges from the start.

I don't think anyone sensible would draw any conclusions from any single
article (on any subject) but this does appear to be a useful
contribution to the mix.

Alan.