2009/11/26 Matt Wheeler <m...@funkyhat.org>:
> On Thursday, November 26, 2009, Philip Stubbs <phi...@stuphi.co.uk> wrote:
>> I hope you are wearing your foil hat right now....
>
> While I do use gmail, I think it's important to consider carefully how
> much you trust them to keep your data secure. Have you read the gmail
> privacy policy? It basically says "we will not put up much of a fuss
> if someone asks for your data".
> Added to the fact that you are allowing them to store your data in the
> US, where data protection laws are not as broad as the UK's.
>
> Before you lump in the google-wary with the tin foil hat wearers,
> consider that a government would have a much easier time simply asking
> google for your thoughts than attempting to steal them through radio
> waves ;)

Easier still, they could just ask me! Of course you are right. You
need to trust those people who hold your data. However, I am still of
the opinion that any email is like an open postcard. If anybody is
going to trust their deepest darkest secrets to an open postcard, then
they are a fool. The same with email, even if it is hosted privately.

--
Philip Stubbs