On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 12:35:42AM +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> I personally don't believe there is a need for a TV advert at all
> right now. I'd rather start from the opposite end and ask what the
> need of a TV advert is. What goal is to be achieved by putting Ubuntu
> on the telly?

I don't think a TV advert itself will achieve much - we are unlikely
to have enough money to air it to more than a small number of people
and only a tiny minority of them would care at all even if it was the
best advert ever.

I do think it could work well as a news story though: community cares
enough to put effort and money in an unusual direction. Get a bit of
coverage on that, with links to/embedding of the video and it could
gather some attention. Along the same lines as the firefox advert in
the NY times, very little of the value from that was in people
actually seeing it in the paper.

         Robert