On 12 April 2010 14:29, javadayaz <javada...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ill try this..but it doesnt seem that easy to me!
> In case anyone is wondering im trying to use my phone to connect to my pc
> via wifi to use vlc as a remote.

Yeah, I use my HTC Hero for the same thing, and it seems to work ok :)
So long as you aren't using 3G (mobile broadband), because if you
were, you would have to port forward the port that vlc's mini web
server runs on, which i just found out is 8080.

So yeah, you can launch VLC from the command line with the "vlc -I
http" command in ssh, which will load only the web interface, if it
interests you. Then you can install the theme [1] into the
/usr/share/vlc/http folder, which is optimized for PSP's and PDA's and
the like.

[1]http://www.orrentdesign.com/outsideResources/VLC_Graphite.zip

--
Kris Douglas,

   NODE Computer Systems
   Web Hosting, Design and Server Administration, Technical Support &
Computer Construction

   T. 02030518469
   M. 07728574285