Hello There, I havent ever made my own email thread before, but i figured i
would start with a check and protect message..

Never, ever leave Samba open without due care and attention, all too often i
see people telling others to install Samba without warning them of the
possible implications, many people
are quite lazy, and instead of settings everything up, will just check the
"Allow guest access" button.
What i wasnt aware of, is the fact that it broadcasts on Port 139, went
straight through my routers firewall and allowed everyone on the internet to
access my entire home folder.
My computer has been open for months, has had a count of 104 successful
access attempts from external IP's all because i forgot about Samba.

Well, i have sure learnt my lesson, can anyone tell me what can be gained
from my user area in terms of web-passwords? Are they stored in .mozilla
folder and easy to get to?

--
~Daniel