On 22 April 2010 11:21, Keith <ke...@grumpyface.me.uk> wrote:

> I have just bought a new machine to replace the one I am typing this on.
>
> This one is a dual boot Ubuntu/Windows computer which I have sold to a
> relative who, regrettably, wants to use it purely as a Windows PC.
>
> Perhaps someone could help me my explaining how I can recover the Ubuntu
> partition for Windows to use.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Keith.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's just a case of booting into Ubuntu via a Live-CD
and using GParted to format your Linux partition as fat32. Windows will then
recognise it and map it to a local drive letter on boot. You could remove it
completely and expand the Windows partition but that's quite risky, I've
nailed a Vista installation before by doing that, it corrupted a lot of the
files.

Regards,

Tommy