On 27/04/10 12:32, Thomas Ibbotson wrote:
> On 26 April 2010 14:45, ian pettitt<ian.pett...@bbsrc.ac.uk>  wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> With the upcoming release of 10.04, I have decided to reinstall my work
>> machine and move from 32 to 64 bit. I need to run multiple virtual
>> machines and this will mean that if everything works as hoped I will be
>> able to replace the second machine I have running windows XP - I work in
>> a Windows only organisation. I have increased my RAM to 6 gig in
>> preparation!
>>

> Hi,
>
> I'm running 64-bit Lucid with 4GB of RAM, however Lucid is only seeing
> 3.1GB. It may be I have to set something in BIOS I haven't had time to
> look into it fully yet, but be aware that it might not just see your
> 6GB straight off.
>
> Tom

Strange, I'm running Lucid 32-Bit on my machine (with 4GB Ram) and it
sees the full 4GB fine.  I gather the kernel has got PAE extensions or
whatever it is to support over 3.25GB (although I gather the memory
limit per process is 4GB, not a problem for me though since I only have
4GB Ram anyway).

Rob