On 18 May 2010 08:19, Markie <mark.curtis.1...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I tried this but im still not having any joy, downloaded gunzipped and
> untarred the file into /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/ even removed the old one.
> Tried BBC iplayer and on this site the play button shows but you click it
> and it doesnt do anything. It seems odd how some sites work and some dont.

Try making the plugin executable:

chmod 755  libflashplayer.so

and restart the browser. Check to see if it's registering with firefox by
typing about:plugins into the location bar and looking down the list.

Having said that, I gave up on it as it causes the CPU on my laptop to spin
up uncontrollably and in the end I installed Flashblock to make sure it
didn't run at all.

s/
--
Save BBC 6 Music http://www.love6music.com