On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Neil Perry <npe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That is what I don't understand either, typically I thought if debian would
> be adopting that apt-get will be getting phased out. Unless Ubuntu devlopers
> maintain apt-get.
> Neil Perry

I don't use Debian much so I can't claim great expertise here, but
AIUI, aptitude is indeed the recommended tool on Debian & apt-get is
quite possibly deprecated. However, aptitude is just another front-end
to the underlying mechanism of APT, the Advanced Packaging Tool.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508