On Friday 25 June 2010 08:34:29 David King wrote:
> I run Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit on my PC, on which I run Virtual Box 3.2.4. In
> that I have been running an Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit guest. Mostly it has
> been okay, but recently it started to randomly lose its network
> connection, and now today it cannot get a network connection at all.

I have a similar setup, but prefer to use the host's routing directly rather
than the NAT function of Virtualbox. My guide, which is still valid for
Virtualbox 3.2.4, is here:

http://www.tolaris.com/2009/03/05/using-host-networking-and-nat-with-
virtualbox/

Tyler

--
"... jingoism, racism, fear, religious fundamentalism: these are the
ways of appealing to people if you’re trying to organize a mass base