I run Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit on my PC, on which I run Virtual Box 3.2.4. In
that I have been running an Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit guest. Mostly it has
been okay, but recently it started to randomly lose its network
connection, and now today it cannot get a network connection at all.

I also run Easy Peasy 1.6 (based on Ubuntu 10.04) in Virtual Box on the
same host, and that works fine.

I have the same settings in each guest, and both use the NAT setting in
Virtual Box for the network adapter, although I have also tried Bridged
Networking for the Ubuntu 10.04 guest.

This is really annoying, as the networking used to work but now nothing.
I have tried several times restarting networking within the guest,
restarting the guest, restarting Virtual Box, rebooting the host PC, but
nothing changes.

The Network tools in Ubuntu seem to be a bit limited, and I cannot
install more in the Ubuntu 10.04 guest as it has no network connection
to the Internet.

What can I do to get networking working again in the U10.04 guest?

David King