On 13 July 2010 23:22, David King <linux...@avoura.com> wrote:
> In my Ubuntu 9.04 installation, just a few days ago, I lost my usage of
> the internet. I still had internet access. Firstly though, there was a
> problem with the router, so I tried a friend's router (both Netgear
> DG834) and the friend's one worked.
>
> But in Ubuntu, I could not access any web pages or email. Skype works.

What happens when you try to access a web page?

Check you have not got your browser set to Work Offline, this is in
the file menu in Firefox.

Does it work for another user on the PC?  If you have not other user
add one using System, Administration, Users and Groups.  A second user
is often useful for testing.

Colin