On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:04:33 +0100, John Stevenson <j...@jr0cket.com>
wrote:

>On 3 August 2010 10:00, Rowan <rowan.berke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello again,
>> I have figured out how to load from the Live CD; I had to follow a
>> slightly unfamiliar sequence, using Lenovo's own  BIOS; I couldn't see
>> how to do it from GRUB. So now I am installing !0.04 from scratch,
>> meaning I lose all my user files, but this is OK because I have them all
>> backed up on an external hard drive.> --
>
> Hello Rowan,
> I was thinking of getting a Lenovo, can you let me know what the problem
was
> with loading the Live CD. Thank you. John Stevenson

I just couldn't find an option inside GRUB for loading from the Live CD,
never having done it before, but it's probably quite obvious. Anyway, the
Lenovo machines have an option built in for entering their BIOS at start-up,
and it is quite easy to do from there, by just telling it to load from
"other DD" instead of HD", which is done by using the down button and moving
to the second option on the BIOS menu, so it could hardly be simpler. I am
now back on my Lenovo, having installed 10.04 on it.