On 29/09/10 19:59, John Stevenson wrote:

Hello Paula,
I should be able to come along and help out for the day, I can confirm
nearer the date.

I am running a workshop at the University College London on the 13th, so it
will be good practice for my own session.

Are you planning to use Ubuntu 10.04 or Ubuntu 10.10 - either is fine by me,
just useful to know.

Thank you

Hi John - thanks, that's great. Well, normally I use the LTS with VCOs for obvious reasons but (a) since Maverick will come out the Sunday before and (b) cos Lucid doesn't install the onboard cams I thought we'd put Maverick on them.

I'll tell people they can bring their own too, and if they do then they can have the LTS. I suspect they won't though, as they have no idea how to migrate their data from Win - I might build that into the session or give them a handout.

Maybe I can return the favour too :)

Paula