On 30 September 2010 12:59, pmgazz <pmg...@gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> On 29/09/10 19:59, John Stevenson wrote:
>

> Hello Paula,
> I should be able to come along and help out for the day, I can confirm
> nearer the date.
>
> I am running a workshop at the University College London on the 13th, so it
> will be good practice for my own session.
>
> Are you planning to use Ubuntu 10.04 or Ubuntu 10.10 - either is fine by me,
> just useful to know.
>
> Thank you
>

> Hi John - thanks, that's great. Well, normally I use the LTS with VCOs for
> obvious reasons but (a) since Maverick will come out the Sunday before and
> (b) cos Lucid doesn't install the onboard cams I thought we'd put Maverick
> on them.
>
> I'll tell people they can bring their own too, and if they do then they can
> have the LTS. I suspect they won't though, as they have no idea how to
> migrate their data from Win - I might build that into the session or give
> them a handout.
>
> Maybe I can return the favour too :)
>
> Paula

Hello Paula,
It will be a nice bonus to get some feedback as to peoples impressions of
Lucid and Maverick, what they like and what they are like less.

I'd be very happy for you or any one else from ubuntu-uk to come along and
help at my workshop on the 13th, any time between 12 noon and 7pm, with
maybe a social drink or three after that.  As this is the first time I have
done something with University College London I have no idea how many people
will turn up, so I could be there practicing my Inkscape skills or be
swamped by rampaging students all wanting Ubuntu !!  - Hopefully some middle
ground would be good (for me).

I am working with the president of the tech society at UCL and they will be
putting up posters all over the university soon.  I'll also be posting the
event on some of the London communities I work with, like the graduate
development community.

I will be putting up details of the event on the loco directory as soon as I
get through my large to-do list today.

Thank you
--
John Stevenson