the fact that you are using ubuntu has nothing to do with it. I suggest that
you write a complaint to your bank explaining this, and how their tech
support team was rude and refused to help with the matter. I find that
threatening to move to a rival service can be verry effective in these
situations
Jacob Mansfield
Programmer