On Sun, 2010-10-10 at 17:37 +0100, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> the fact that you are using ubuntu has nothing to do with it. I
> suggest that you write a complaint to your bank explaining this, and
> how their tech support team was rude and refused to help with the
> matter. I find that threatening to move to a rival service can be
> verry effective in these situations

Exactly. What annoys me is the immediate "you're on your own" answer
whenever you mention anything else than Windows or Mac, irrespective of
whether the issue has anything to do with the underlying OS or not.

So I was wondering if anybody on the list had any experience of sending
complaints on the subject to any bank, merchant or other web site
pointing out that it amounts to bad customer service.

Anyway, I will do exactly that and send them a complaint to explain why
their attitude doesn't make for happy customers. We'll see what happens.

Bruno