On Sun, 2010-10-10 at 17:21 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> On 10 October 2010 16:52, Bruno Girin <brunogi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > What I'm interested in is the last bit. Whether their web site happens
> > to work on Linux or not is one thing. But as soon as you send a support
> > query, you get a canned answer saying they don't officially support it.
> > What I'd really want to know is what can we do to change that behaviour?
>
> I don't think there is anything you can do to _force_ them to support
> linux.  They (presumably) have no contract with you to support Linux.
> I think the only thing you could do would be to threaten to move
> banks.

I don't want to _force_ them to support Linux, I just want them to
understand that a canned answer saying they won't help you at all,
irrespective of what the questions is, is not good customer service.
There are a number of generic non-OS specific answers that they could
fire at anybody who has an issue with their web site and that wouldn't
require them to explicitly support Linux.

So any idea on how to get the message across that Linux users are not
crazy people that need fending off immediately but are also bona fide
customers would be appreciated.

Bruno