On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 18:56 +0000, Tyler J. Wagner wrote:
> > On 07/01/11 15:06, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> > > Sorry if this is common knowledge - I'm after recommendations for a
> > > webcam with built-in mic to work on Ubuntu 10.04 installed on a Toshiba
> > > Satellite using an Intel 82801H audio device.
>
> Just about any Logitech USB webcam will work.

Not true, although maybe more true of of the latest USB Webcams.  I have
at least one Logitech webcam that I could not get working well with
Skype in Ubuntu.  See

http://www.quickcamteam.net/devices

for details.  Just about all the UVC listed devices work.  Of the
non-UVC devices there are drivers available but for some like my
QuickCam Easy/Cool it is 'work in progress' and suggesting you modify
the source code and recompile! See

http://forums.quickcamteam.net/showthread.php?tid=97

So stick to UVC compliany cameras, I say.

> I have a cheap £13
> Logitech from PC World, and it has worked fine since Ubuntu 9.10 on 3
> different PCs.

Tony