Hi Graham,

you won't have problems accessing the windows site, I do it regularly using
chromium (with no modifications) on ubuntu.

Personally, I have a @live.co.uk account because they won't allow me to sign
up with a @gmail.com one... but it's not that bad.

I use the @live.co.uk account in Empathy (with 1 yahoo, 1 SIP phone and 2
googletalk accounts) with few problems.  Some of my MSN contacts have
commented that I normally appear offline, but it doesn't prevent messages
from getting through.

Matt