On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 12:04 +0000, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> Thanks for that - sensible advice. I use the LTS versions because I've
> had occasional glitches with the "bleeding edge" releases before, but
> never with the LTS versions.

My procedure (from now on) will be to clone the present version to an
ISO with CloneZilla, then copy my entire home directory to a pendrive.
Install the new version, copy back my home direectory and if I have
problems, restore the old one.  Quick, easy and safe!

Regards,                Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/