On 12 February 2011 16:06,  <bod...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Damn, if linux isn't for geeks, I'm gonna have to go Free-BSD

Some people think Linux is for geeks and it should stay that way. I
personally don't.

> At least the bbc are talking about it. I work for local government IT, but my
> bosses won't give FOSS the time of day

Where I work at the moment (an ~$18Bn company) they use Linux
underneath the entire software stack which powers the business.
Thousands of users around the world use (admittedly proprietary
solutions) sat on top of Linux. I would not be surprised that local
government IT projects trail behind this! Sad though it might be.

Cheers,
Al.
Sent from my FingersĀ®