I decided to have a go with the AMD 64-bit version of Maverick.  I put
it on a second hard drive so the 32-bit version is untouched.  All was
fine until I wanted to use my Brother DCP 135C printer/scanner.  I
looked at their Linux driver page, and the only drivers available are
the ones I already have.  I get the error message that they are for the
wrong architecture as they are i386 packages.

I don't suppose there is a workaround for this?  The drivers are not
open-source as far as I know.  Maybe I just have to stick with the 32
bit Ubuntu?

Regards,                Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/