On 03/03/11 09:22, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
On 03/03/11 08:51, John MM wrote:

what is smbtree?

Open a terminal and type "man smbtree"

NAME
smbtree - A text based smb network browser

SYNOPSIS
smbtree [-b] [-D] [-S]

DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite.

smbtree is a smb browser program in text mode. It is similar to the "Network Neighborhood" found on Windows computers. It prints a tree with all the known domains, the servers in those domains and the shares on the servers.

Al

Um, ok 'man' has been proven to be difficult to understand even by the best of you, it isnt written for newbies, and I look at it, and it makes absoluteluy no sense to me at all.

Why the sarcasm, all I have done is ask a question based on this thread? I wasnt being nasty. So why the attitude?

The sarcastic answer still doesnt help, how can I use smbtree to help me. You were going to help the OP, what is different with my question? I have found out more in htis thread, than at any other time, when I have asked similar questions about error 255, but the thread stopped, and has gone nowhere. So I know there is an answer there somewhere. I just wondered if somebody could help,

Thank you.