On 04/03/11 12:08, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
On 04/03/11 11:30, John MM wrote:
Ok, went ahead, and uninstalled using the Terminal. Rebooted, then
installed using Terminal. Now, when I go to add Directories to share, I
get this error

'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare add: cannot convert
name "Everyone" to a SID. Memory allocation error'

I now have an smb.conf file. What should I do now?

Does this short thread help?

Al

I saw that thread, tried evberything on there, didnt help......thank you for posting though.....

I have everything fixed I think apart from, Places?Network.....and the Windows Icon saying unable to mount, and its very frustrating. I've pinged the netbook, and pinged from the netbook to thins computer, and they can see each other, I just cant view the directories....